In the past, there was only one fabric that was popular for making t-shirts. There was a reason for that; cotton is comfortable and breathable. However, the situation has changed today, as manufacturers are also using other types of fabrics to manufacture wholesale blank t shirts. Cotton is soft, sturdy, and affordable; thus many people prefer cotton t-shirts over other types of tees. You should also know that there are different types of cotton. Here is our list for you:
List of Different Types of Cotton:
- Combed Cotton: Combed cotton is more costly than ordinary cotton, but it is very soft. Combed cotton is soft, as the cotton fibers are specifically treated, before they are spun into yarn.
- Organic Cotton: It maintains soil fertility, and there are only a few fertilizers and pesticides, which are used to grow this type of cotton. It is costly, but eco-friendly.
- Pima/Supima Cotton: There is good news for Americans about this type of cotton. It is 100% American grown, and it is very soft and durable. This type of cotton resists pilling, fading, and stretching, so the manufacturers recommend blank t-shirts that are made up of Pima/Supima cotton.
- Slub Cotton: Another popular type of cotton that is, used for the manufacturing of blank t-shirts is slub cotton. Slub cotton is a unique fabric with texture; it is light and airy. It does not stick to the body. T-shirts made up of slub cotton do not require ironing.
Other Kinds of Fabrics That Are Optimal for Wholesale Blank T-Shirts:
Other than cotton, there are also fabrics that work great with t-shirts. Each fabric is unique in look and style. Let us discuss about those fabrics:
- Linen: Do you know: The world’s best t-shirts are made up of linen. Linen is made from the flax plant, and it has a textured weave. Linen is a lightweight and breathable fabric. It also wicks moisture. It is an ideal fabric to wear in the summer. It becomes stronger when it moist. Each phase of washing makes linen softer. If you do not like ironing, then you should avoid t-shirts made up of linen, as linen creates wrinkles easily.
- Lycra: Lycra is a kind of fabric that can make a t-shirt stretchy. Lycra is a fabric that is, usually used for athletic clothing. Why? Because it allows for easy movements of the athletes.
- Polyester: Polyester was very popular in the 1970s and still, it is a popular fabric. Polyester is a strong fabric that dries quickly and does not mold. People who hate chores, such as laundry would love polyester. Polyester is easy to wash and dry, and it retains its shape after repeated washings. In other words, it does not shrink or stretch after washings.
- Rayon: Do you live silk but not its price? If yes, then rayon is a great alternative for you. Rayon is made from man-made fiber that is, created from trees, cotton, and plants. Rayon is great for dying, and it is highly absorbent.Rayon can stretch, but it can shrink or stretch over time if it is not dealt with properly. Rayon wrinkles easily, and it is best to dry-clean.
- Modal: Modal is a type of rayon that is, made from beechwood plant fibers giving it a beautiful drape and a slinky feel. It looks too much cool to touch, and it dries quickly after getting wet making it an optimal choice in the summer for the best blank t-shirts. It is a fade fabric, and it is shrink resistant. It stays soft and does not pill promptly as rayon.
- Blends: Often you will see the different types of t-shirts made up of different blends that may include two or three different materials. The blended wholesale blank t shirts make the most of different materials, which are used in their manufacturing. For instance, if a t-shirt is made up of a blend of cotton and polyester, then it will be soft and shrink-resistant. Cotton makes a t-shirt light and cool, while the polyester makes it strong and wrinkle-resistant. So a blend can enhance the characteristics of a t-shirt with triumph.
In the past, manufacturers preferred cotton over the other types of fabrics owing to its comfortness and breathability; however, this situation is changed today. There are different types of cotton of which blank t-shirts are made up of, that include comb cotton, organic cotton, Pima/Supima cotton, and slub cotton. The types of fabric other than cotton of which t-shirts are made up of are as follows: Linen, lycra, polyester, rayon, modal, and blends. Every t-shirt fabric is unique in terms of the characteristics with pros and cons, and the most popular type of t-shirt fabric is a blend of cotton and polyester. Lastly, you should closely look at the fabrics of a blank t-shirt while you purchase a tee; it will help you get the right blank tee in your hands.